Have a Smartphone? Use an iPad? Listen to music on an iPod? If you’re comfortable using those electronics, surely it’s time to file your return using an electronic means. Here are five good reasons to e-file your tax return: 1. … read more
Being a single parent is a big enough challenge. Filing your taxes doesn’t have to be one of them. If you’re filing taxes for the first time or filing under a different status, there are a few simple steps to … read more
Electronic filing and direct deposit is the quickest route by far to getting your refund in your bank account and out of the hands of the government. The IRS has opened its filing season successfully this month, and refunds have … read more
Wondering why your tax preparer says you have to e-file your tax return? Is it just because they want to make their lives easier? Well not necessarily. It’s getting harder and harder for tax professionals to avoid e-filing requirements mandated … read more
There is nothing more complex than the world of taxes. We know this and yet we chose careers where we face these issues everyday. We get questions day in and day out about new tax laws, forms and news items and how they affect everyday people and businesses. Well, here at Henry & Horne, LLP we have set out to do what we do best; help everyday people understand what is going on in the world of state, local, federal, estate and international taxation. We will provide these weekly posts and we encourage you to give us feedback on those posts as well as letting us know what else you would like to know more about. Welcome to "Tax Insights." We hope you find this blog informative and worthy of your time.
Before posting a comment on a blog post please be aware that we do not give free tax advice to non-clients by email, comment response, or phone. Thank you!
- New Market Credits
- Claiming the Child and Dependent Care Tax Credit
- Tax Rules on Early Withdrawals from Retirement Plans
- How You Can Get Prior Year Tax Information from the IRS
- Parents and Students: Check Out College Tax Benefits
- Tax Guidelines for Children Who Have Investment Income
- IRS Warns Donors about Charity Scams Following Recent Tragedies in Boston and Texas
- California Waives the Mandatory E-Pay Penalty for 4.15.2013 Payments
- Eight Facts on Late Filing and Late Payment Penalties
- Arizona TPT Tax Rate is Going Down Effective June 1, 2013