Have you recently purchased a building? Have you done any build-out work on an existing building? Have you recently remodeled? Are your leasehold improvements properly classified for tax purposes? Are you looking to enhance your cash flow? If you answered … read more
The IRS issued regulations in 2013 & 2014 trying to bring clarity to the many conflicting rules in the area of capitalization vs expensing of business property. These new regulations are commonly called the “tangible property regulations”. The new regulations … read more
Cost Segregation: What is it? In simple terms, a Cost Segregation study is a service that reclassifies parts of a commercial property from 39-year life depreciation into 15, 7, and 5-year depreciation lives. Individuals or companies that have purchased, constructed, … read more
There is nothing more complex than the world of taxes. We know this and yet we chose careers where we face these issues everyday. We get questions day in and day out about new tax laws, forms and news items and how they affect everyday people and businesses. Well, here at Henry & Horne we have set out to do what we do best; help everyday people understand what is going on in the world of state, local, federal, estate and international taxation. We will provide these weekly posts and we encourage you to give us feedback on those posts as well as letting us know what else you would like to know more about. Welcome to "Tax Insights." We hope you find this blog informative and worthy of your time.
Before posting a comment on a blog post please be aware that we do not give free tax advice to non-clients by email, comment response, or phone. Thank you!
- Don’t Mess with the IRS – Their Budget Includes Guns
- MySocialSecurity Website Ups Its Security Protocol
- IP PIN Tool Returns to IRS Website
- Scammers Impersonating IRS to get Your Money
- What Beneficiaries Need to know for Form 8971
- What Executors Need to Know for Form 8971
- Will this Estate Planning Loophole be Closed?
- The Economic Cost of Tax Compliance
- What’s at Stake in Battle of Intel vs. IRS?
- New Procedure to Request Return of Property Seized by IRS in Structuring Cases