Have you recently purchased a building? Have you done any build-out work on an existing building? Have you recently remodeled? Are your leasehold improvements properly classified for tax purposes? Are you looking to enhance your cash flow? If you answered … read more
The IRS issued regulations in 2013 & 2014 trying to bring clarity to the many conflicting rules in the area of capitalization vs expensing of business property. These new regulations are commonly called the “tangible property regulations”. The new regulations … read more
Cost Segregation: What is it? In simple terms, a Cost Segregation study is a service that reclassifies parts of a commercial property from 39-year life depreciation into 15, 7, and 5-year depreciation lives. Individuals or companies that have purchased, constructed, … read more
There is nothing more complex than the world of taxes. We know this and yet we chose careers where we face these issues everyday. We get questions day in and day out about new tax laws, forms and news items and how they affect everyday people and businesses. Well, here at Henry & Horne, LLP we have set out to do what we do best; help everyday people understand what is going on in the world of state, local, federal, estate and international taxation. We will provide these weekly posts and we encourage you to give us feedback on those posts as well as letting us know what else you would like to know more about. Welcome to "Tax Insights." We hope you find this blog informative and worthy of your time.
Before posting a comment on a blog post please be aware that we do not give free tax advice to non-clients by email, comment response, or phone. Thank you!
- Kiddie Tax
- Revised Arizona Form 5005
- Supreme Court Says No to Double Taxation!
- New AZ Law Establishes Tax Recovery Program in 2015
- No Longer Tax Free – Nevada Enacts Commerce Tax
- The Benefits of Cost Segregation Studies
- The Importance of Adequate Tax Records
- Is your small business impacted by the Affordable Care Act?
- Pushing Tax Reform – TPR De Minimis Safe Harbor Threshold
- FBAR Deadline Fast Approaching – Don’t Forget to File