Summary of Material Modification
Participants of a plan have the right to certain plan disclosures in order to keep them informed about plan operations and give them a chance to make informed decisions with respect to their accounts. These disclosures should not only be … read more
When facing the unfortunate circumstance of employee resignations and retirements or having to terminate or layoff employees, companies should be aware of certain retirement plan considerations for the employee in addition to supplying information on heath insurance coverage. Employers should … read more
Finding information on employee benefit plans can be difficult and time consuming. As a service to our clients, and other interested parties who are involved in or in need of employee benefit services, we'll gather all of the information for you. We'll keep you up-to-date on the latest laws and regulations and we will even add our own personal insight into what else is occurring in the employee benefits world. We will provide these posts weekly and hope to get your input and feedback on the various topics. We will also share that feedback with others, as we find appropriate.
Before posting a comment on a blog post please be aware that we do not give free advice to non-clients by email, comment response, or phone. Thank you!
- The Importance of Obtaining a Quality Audit
- Participant Loans – IRS Requirements
- Investment Policy – Why and What to Include?
- 2016 Retirement Plan Limits
- Compliance for Small Company Employee Benefit Plans
- 401K Pre-Approved Plans 2016 Deadline
- FASB’s Employee Benefit Plan Reporting Simplification
- Do I Need an Audit?
- Compliance Testing Failures – Now What?
- Key Qualities to Evaluate When Selecting an Auditor for Your Employee Benefit Plan