As noted in many of our previous blogs, changes are coming in the 401(k) world. As a plan sponsor, you should be aware of these changes and be communicating them to the plan participants. Over communicating is always better than … read more
Participants of a plan have the right to certain plan disclosures in order to keep them informed about plan operations and give them a chance to make informed decisions with respect to their accounts. These disclosures should not only be … read more
If you have hired an investment consultant to assist your plan participants in choosing the funds offered in your 401(k) plan, you probably feel comfortable with your investment options, even more so if you periodically replace poor performing funds with … read more
Finding information on employee benefit plans can be difficult and time consuming. As a service to our clients, and other interested parties who are involved in or in need of employee benefit services, we'll gather all of the information for you. We'll keep you up-to-date on the latest laws and regulations and we will even add our own personal insight into what else is occurring in the employee benefits world. We will provide these posts weekly and hope to get your input and feedback on the various topics. We will also share that feedback with others, as we find appropriate.
Before posting a comment on a blog post please be aware that we do not give free advice to non-clients by email, comment response, or phone. Thank you!
- The Importance of Knowing Your Plan’s Definition of Compensation
- Dear Plan Sponsors: Reviewing a SSAE 16 Report
- How to Handle a Blackout Period
- The Importance of Obtaining a Quality Audit
- Participant Loans – IRS Requirements
- Investment Policy – Why and What to Include?
- 2016 Retirement Plan Limits
- Compliance for Small Company Employee Benefit Plans
- 401K Pre-Approved Plans 2016 Deadline
- FASB’s Employee Benefit Plan Reporting Simplification