Prior to 2010, there wasn’t a lot of regulation in 403(b) plans. In many instances, Plans didn’t even have a written plan document. It was also common practice for plans to have as many vendors as participants – which made … read more
Plan Sponsors often fall short in one simple area of plan administration: record keeping. It is important that Plan Sponsors keep proper documentation for each area of the Plan. One important area for this documentation is administering hardship distributions to … read more
Everybody has that thought. You hear news about another poor day in the stock market, which makes you reflect on how that is impacting your 401(k) retirement savings. You also receive your quarterly retirement account statement and see how it … read more
Finding information on employee benefit plans can be difficult and time consuming. As a service to our clients, and other interested parties who are involved in or in need of employee benefit services, we'll gather all of the information for you. We'll keep you up-to-date on the latest laws and regulations and we will even add our own personal insight into what else is occurring in the employee benefits world. We will provide these posts weekly and hope to get your input and feedback on the various topics. We will also share that feedback with others, as we find appropriate.
Before posting a comment on a blog post please be aware that we do not give free advice to non-clients by email, comment response, or phone. Thank you!
- Hardship Distribution Documentation
- ERISA Accounts – Plan Assets?
- Plan Fiduciary: Important Tasks and Dates to Remember
- Choosing the Best Service Provider for Your Employee Benefit Plan
- Fee Disclosure Regulations for Covered Service Providers
- Taking Out A Loan On Your 401K Plan
- The Importance of the Plan Document
- 2014 Retirement Plan Limits
- Plan Transfers
- Plan Restatements and Amendments