Partial plan termination
When facing the unfortunate circumstance of employee resignations and retirements or having to terminate or layoff employees, companies should be aware of certain retirement plan considerations for the employee in addition to supplying information on heath insurance coverage. Employers should … read more
Most the answers can be found in archived blogs on this site – “the 411 on Employee Benefit Plans” Don’t have time to read through them? Post a question and we will be happy to help. 1. What happens to … read more
401K plan forfeitures occur when a participant terminates employment (voluntarily or involuntarily) prior to satisfying the required Service Years to become fully vested in his/her account. Required Service Years will vary by plan, but can be found in your Summary … read more
Finding information on employee benefit plans can be difficult and time consuming. As a service to our clients, and other interested parties who are involved in or in need of employee benefit services, we'll gather all of the information for you. We'll keep you up-to-date on the latest laws and regulations and we will even add our own personal insight into what else is occurring in the employee benefits world. We will provide these posts weekly and hope to get your input and feedback on the various topics. We will also share that feedback with others, as we find appropriate.
Before posting a comment on a blog post please be aware that we do not give free advice to non-clients by email, comment response, or phone. Thank you!
- Do You Have a Hardship?
- Fiduciary Duty Advice for 401(k) Plan Sponsors: The Small Things Matter
- How to Handle Forfeitures
- Benefits and Preparation for Auto Enrollment and Auto Escalate in a Benefit Plan
- What You Need to Know When Filing Form 5500
- Determination Letters Will Not be Issued for 403(b) Plans
- Plan Corrections Necessary? DOL Corrections Program
- Journal Entries for Benefit Plan Accounting
- Tips to Prepare for a Retirement Plan Audit
- 10 Steps to Put on Your Retirement Planning Checklist