frequently asked questions
The Employee Benefits Security Administration (“EBSA”) announced on October 23, 2009 that they released new guidance to help plan administrators understand and fulfill the expanded requirements for plan years beginning on or after January 1, 2009 for reporting service provider … read more
Finding information on employee benefit plans can be difficult and time consuming. As a service to our clients, and other interested parties who are involved in or in need of employee benefit services, we'll gather all of the information for you. We'll keep you up-to-date on the latest laws and regulations and we will even add our own personal insight into what else is occurring in the employee benefits world. We will provide these posts weekly and hope to get your input and feedback on the various topics. We will also share that feedback with others, as we find appropriate.
Before posting a comment on a blog post please be aware that we do not give free advice to non-clients by email, comment response, or phone. Thank you!
- Importance of Minutes as Evidence of Corporate Governance
- Plan Terminations and Partial Terminations
- Retirement Plan Loan Alternative
- Target Date Funds
- How to Prepare for Your 401(k) Audit
- Determination Changes Impacting Qualified Retirement Plans
- DOL Fiduciary Rule
- Forming a 401(k) Plan Committee
- Plan Sponsor Record Retention Guidelines
- Required Minimum Distributions