defined contribution plans
It seems like we just finished the 2009 401(k) audits, but already we have changes that will affect the 2010 401(k) financial statements. In September, 2010, FASB issued Accounting Standards Update (ASU) 2010-25 that will change how participant loans are … read more
Lately I’ve run across several articles in the news that give a gloomy outlook for pension plans, including the State of Arizona’s Public-Pensions. According to a recent report in the Arizona Republic, tightening budgets and poor investment performance have some … read more
With the recent volatility of the stock markets and overall economic decline, how many 401(k) participants are confident that the market will improve in the near future? MassMutual’s Retirement Services Division recently conducted a survey of 1,000 participants currently participating … read more
Finding information on employee benefit plans can be difficult and time consuming. As a service to our clients, and other interested parties who are involved in or in need of employee benefit services, we'll gather all of the information for you. We'll keep you up-to-date on the latest laws and regulations and we will even add our own personal insight into what else is occurring in the employee benefits world. We will provide these posts weekly and hope to get your input and feedback on the various topics. We will also share that feedback with others, as we find appropriate.
Before posting a comment on a blog post please be aware that we do not give free advice to non-clients by email, comment response, or phone. Thank you!
- Determination Letters Will Not be Issued for 403(b) Plans
- Plan Corrections Necessary? DOL Corrections Program
- Journal Entries for Benefit Plan Accounting
- Tips to Prepare for a Retirement Plan Audit
- 10 Steps to Put on Your Retirement Planning Checklist
- How is Compensation Defined?
- Hardship Distribution Documentation
- ERISA Accounts – Plan Assets?
- Plan Fiduciary: Important Tasks and Dates to Remember
- Choosing the Best Service Provider for Your Employee Benefit Plan