When distributions are made from a retirement account the tax form issued is the 1099-R. A lot of information we want to know as auditors is presented on the form; gross distribution, taxable amount, tax withheld, etc. Box 7, however, … read more
It is that time of year again – the leaves are changing (at least they are outside of Phoenix), the nights are cooler, and your benefit plan auditors are starting to look a little harried. It is the week of … read more
I grew up working on my family’s cattle ranch in Arizona. Out of all my responsibilities as a ranch hand, the worst by far was breaking ice on the drinkers. This was necessary in cold weather for the cattle to … read more
Finding information on employee benefit plans can be difficult and time consuming. As a service to our clients, and other interested parties who are involved in or in need of employee benefit services, we'll gather all of the information for you. We'll keep you up-to-date on the latest laws and regulations and we will even add our own personal insight into what else is occurring in the employee benefits world. We will provide these posts weekly and hope to get your input and feedback on the various topics. We will also share that feedback with others, as we find appropriate.
Before posting a comment on a blog post please be aware that we do not give free advice to non-clients by email, comment response, or phone. Thank you!
- Compliance Testing Failures – Now What?
- Key Qualities to Evaluate When Selecting an Auditor for Your Employee Benefit Plan
- Full Scope vs. Limited Scope Audits
- Supreme Court Rules that Plan Sponsors Have Duty to Monitor Investment Options
- Language Barriers of 401(k) Disclosure
- Reduced Corrective Contributions
- Internal Control for Plan Management
- 401K Plan Fee Assessment
- Warning Signs Your Employer May be Misusing Your 401(k) Savings
- Why a Quality Audit of Your Plan is so Important